Monday, August 31, 2009

last day of summer


It's here. The last day of august. What a beautiful month, what a beautiful summer we've had. I feel somehow bittersweet, happy and scared at the same time. Seeing the past, awaiting the future but most of the all, living in this beautiful time that we have right now.

Tomorrow starts a whole new era in our life. Boys start in daycare, I go back to study. It's exiting and a bit frightening at the same time. I think the whole concept of change is rather hard for me. But I have learned a lot about change with the little ones. And the time I've had with them the past years - staying at home and doing my real life's work - has been so good and beautiful (and hard and demanding) that it feels like a miracle.

That clearly isn't going to go away, it's only daycare. But the rhythm changes, it all changes. I'll just have to stay open for this new time.

8 comments:

Pine said...

I´m very impressed by your post. You´ve found so nice words so that I got almost tears in my eyes! Thank you.
Greetings from Germany

nicole said...

My heartfelt wishes for happiness and success in your new adventures. Change can be a little bit overwhelming sometimes, but also brings new joys to discover.

Linda said...

Best wishes for all the new and exciting things that you are all going to be doing.

outi said...

Onnea uudelle, jännittävälle, ehkä pelottavalle. Kyllä tuuli kantaa.

elisabete duarte said...

I hope you keep knitting, I am a bigginer and I come here and look at your work and wish "one day I will be able to do it"!
Good luck!

rosa p. said...

good luck for you.
will need some weeks, but you will make it!

ulli said...

i hope you all got adjusted to the new rhythm in your live. it takes me always some time to get used to it, but change means being alive. and that is a good thing.

Valerie said...

a wise man said " nothing is permanent except changes..." so true don't you think ?!
most time i have a hard time seeing how time flies...
just wanted to stop by and say hi. since i came across your blog today, and really enjoyed it, your writings, your photos, your knittings...
i'll be sure to visit again :)